What is in the Base Tool?
Fill in the required fields (highlighted for this example). Other fields are optional.
Basic Table options.
Some of these options may not be available (based on the User settings):
- Standard Table - manually create a Table.
- File / Text / Template Table - options for Importing data into a Table.
- Mashup Table - combine Tables.
- Custom SQL Table - available for Custom SQL options.
Select Standard, for this example.
Click to add a field.
The Type menu options:
- Long Text
Expand/Minimize additional options for the Field.
These additional options are available when Date is selected from the Type menu:
- Date Type
- Custom SQL
- Default Value
- Index Field
- Disabled on Export
For this example, we will look at Date (selected from the Type menu).
Format and Date Type are both required items in this example (they have an asterisk after them).
The Format options in this example are:
The Date Type options in this example are:
- User Entered
- Insert Date
- Update Date
Copy the Field.
This will make a Copy of the Field (and add it to the bottom of the list of current Fields). The Copy button is available in the Minimized View and the Expanded View of the Field.
Remove the Field.
This will Remove the Field. The Remove button is available in the Minimized View and the Expanded View of the Field.
Create a Table:
1. Add the Field(s).
2. Enter Field Name(s).
3. Select the Type of data to be used under the Field Name.
Select File / Text / Template, for this example.
Select Text from the Import Type menu.
Have data from another location that you can Copy, then:
1. Paste Data into the Box.
2. Preview will display a Table of the data you pasted.
Select File from the Import Type menu, for this example.
1. Click the Upload File area to select the File you want to use.
2. A preview will display.
Select Template from the Import Type menu, for this example.
1. Click the Upload File section to select your File.
2. Select the Share options from the menu.
If None is selected, then there are no further options in this section.
If Limit is selected, then you would select from the available User Group(s) to provide access to the File.
Save the changes.
Click the Save icon (in the top left section of the screen).