What is the basic interface for Minitab Connect?
Basic System Elements:
1. Navigation Tab
- Search Bar - Use this to search for specific items in the platform.
- Home - This returns you to the Home Dashboard.
- Window Switcher - This allows you to quickly swap between currently open tools and tables.
- Collections - This opens the Collections menu.
- Dashboards - This opens the Dashboards menu.
- Tables - This opens the Tables menu.
- Forms - This opens the Forms menu.
- System - This opens the Systems menu.
- Job(s) Run & Disk Usage - This shows the amount of jobs ran and disk usage over the previous weeks.
2. Home Button
3. Customer Menu
- Customer Information - This opens the Customer Info modal.
- System Notification - This opens the System Notification modal.
- Performance Log - This opens the Performance Log table.
- Job(s) Status (All) - This opens the Job Status table.
- Calendar - This opens the platform Calendar tool to review Flow schedules.
- User(s) Status - This opens the User Status modal.
- Database Status - This opens the Database Status table.
- Database SQL Editor - This opens the Database SQL Editor.
- Explorer - This opens the Explorer Tool to review available Tables for Meta Information review.
4. Home Dashboard
- Scheduled Processes - This is a list of all Scheduled Processes and if they ran successfully. If they had an error, hovering over will show the error.
- Connections - This s list of any tables built off of a connections that are scheduled to refresh. If something has failed to refresh it will show up in red.
- Tables - This shows how many tables are currently active and a quick button to create a new table.
- Dashboards - This shows how many Dashboards are currently active and a quick button to create a new Dashboards.
- Recent Tables - This shows the tables that you have recently opened.
- Recent Dashboards - This shows the dashboards you have recently opened.
- Points - This chart shows point usage broken down by day for the last couple days.
- Records - This chart shows records added broken down by day for the last couple days.
5. User Menu
- Account Settings - This opens the Account Settings modal.
- Notifications Settings - This opens the Notification Settings modal.
- Job(s) Status (Mine) - This opens the Job Status table and sets it to only show your jobs.
- Change User - This allows you to ghost as another user. (Admin only)
- Support - This opens the Support form.
- Documentation - This opens the product documentation.
- Refresh Screen - This refreshes your screen.
- Lock Screen - This locks Connect and will require you to enter your password top continue.
- Logout - This logs you out of Connect.
6. Window Switcher
Window Switcher - This allows you to quickly swap between currently open tools and tables. as well as use the Split Viewer.
This is where all of your notifications appear including errors.