How To Create An API Key?
What is an API Key?
According to Wikipedia : "An application programming interface key is a unique identifier used to authenticate a user, developer, or calling program to an API. However, they are typically used to authenticate a project with the API rather than a human user. Different platforms may implement and use API keys in different ways."
How do we create an API Key?
1. Use the navigation drop-down menu (from the top-right side of the screen).
2. Select the Account Settings option.
3. Validate Password.
- Enter your Password.
- Click the Validate button.
4. Select the Generate Token button.
5. A new token has been generated. Here are the parts:
- The current name of the API Token.
- The location to re-name the API Token.
- The unique API Key.
- The expiration date for the API Key - you can set this as needed.
- The Save Token button - click Save Token after you have made the changes to customize the token.
- Previously created or automatically generated tokens.