How do I create an Area Spline Visual?
1. Prepare the data.
Open the Prep Tool.
Select the Fields that you want included in the Visualization.
For this example, we selected Visits, Location, and Date.
Click the Run icon to apply the selection(s) to the Table.
Click the Save icon.
- Name - enter a name for the New View.
- Description - enter a description of what is included in the New View (optional).
- Set as Default - select Yes or No.
- Share To - select None or Limit. The Limit option will open a list of users that you can choose to share the New View with.
- Click Save.
For our example, we will Name the New View: "Visual Examples"
2. Create a Visualization.
Click on the Visualize Tool.
- X-Axis goes along the bottom of the chart (or up the side if using a bar chart).
- Y-Axis/Series is what the chart shows.
- Breakdown(s) is what Field the chart will break the data down by.
Select a View.
For this example, we selected the "Visual Examples" View (we saved this View a few steps earlier).
Next, we selected Area Spline from the Type menu.
Select the Metric(s), Dimension(s), and Add Breakdown(s). Breakdown(s) are optional here.
Click the Run icon.
The Area Spline Visualization can be seen now.
Click the adjustments menu, if you want to make further changes.
- Axis Label - this can be re-named for further clarification with the visualization being set up.
- Trendline - this can be set to On or Off (Off is the default setting).
For this example, we will turn On the Trendline to demonstrate what it does.
Click the Run icon to apply the changes.
Notice the Trendline is showing in the Visualization, now.
Click the Save icon when finished.
Enter a Name, Description (optional), and select any Share options wanted for the New Visual. Click Save when completed.